Art Director (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
In your role as Art Director (f/m/d) and member of our creative department, you will be mainly responsible for developing and executing our visual brand language with campaign concepts, brand designs, and creative content ideas for various projects across digital, social, and print channels. The role will work collaboratively and support cross-functional teams. Our in-house creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from Horizn Studios’ brand voice and messaging, retail experience, to product and packaging design for each of our products. The Art Director reports to the Brand Marketing Lead.
- Maintain core brand DNA and values while continuously seeking to seasonally elevate the overall aesthetic across all channels
- Collaborate with the Marketing Leads to concept, design, and produce engaging strategic content across a range of brand projects and touchpoints, including website, email, organic and paid social, POS, print and packaging
- Take direction from the Marketing Leads to build out and oversee cohesive and elevated seasonal campaigns and monthly product launches and work with cross-channel marketing partners to understand unique channel needs
- Source and execute relevant media (photos, videos, etc.) for our social channels
- Guide internal and external partners to ensure that their visual identity and websites are upholding our brand standards
- Stay current on trends, culture, and events; bring inspiring external insight into the work and have a natural curiosity
Your Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in either an agency or brand environment (fashion / design industry and start-up experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design or related field
- Ability to approach campaign concepts and product launches in a strategic and thoughtful way
- Basic understanding of media / channel creative strategy
- Strong organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, meet stringent deadlines and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong awareness of design trends and innovations
- Excellent typography and layout design skills
- Deep knowledge of how to execute in both digital and print mediums
- Mastered Adobe Creative Suite, basic understanding of Figma is a plus
- Experience with creating photography briefs, shot lists and onset art direction, and an impeccable eye for photography
- Able to reference and propose a variety of outside talent partners and content makers to help execute on all briefs
- Basic retouching, video editing and animation skills
- Strong creative vision but eager for collaboration, and understanding feedback when working through revisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a team player, proactive and solution-oriented
- You are fluent in English (German is a plus)
What we offer
- A culture of collaboration, empowerment, innovation and diversity
- Flexible working times, home office, remote work and 2 additional holidays for your own further development
- A purpose driven company, dedicated to change the way we travel for good (Peta-certified, Corp B certification in process, social & art programme)
- A supportive and encouraging work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues or An international team of driven and curious experts
- Personal and career development incl. further educational courses
- The possibility to make a true impact on the business, take responsibility and shape the future of our growing company on an international level
- Ownership for your field of responsibility; if needed supporting colleagues, mentors or team leads are always at your side.
- You will receive a competitive salary, a nice welcome package, and other benefits such as free coffee, cold drinks, healthy snacks, public transport benefits and of course great employee discounts on our products.
Don’t hesitate and send us your CV – along with a few words on why you think you should get on board plus your earliest possible starting date. We are excited to be hearing from you!
Horizn Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In case you feel treated unfairly in the recruitment process or experience any kind of discrimination please don’t hesitate to directly contact our CEO directly, at: email@example.com.
Horizn Studios is a fast-paced digital travel venture based in Berlin. Founded by experienced entrepreneurs Stefan Holwe and Jan Roosen in 2015, Horizn Studios was Europe’s first direct-to-consumer brand in the travel industry and the world’s first brand to integrate a removable charging device and the first to develop a luggage concept for space travel with Nasa. The brand has received special attention off the back of global collaborations with BMW, Soho House, Beats by Dre, many more. Our international team, operating both remotely and out of the brand’s Berlin headquarters, is dedicated to shaping the future of travel. This includes pioneering solutions such as the use of innovative materials which minimize the environmental impact travel has on our planet, so that future generations also have the opportunity to broaden their horizons.
We believe in a world without boundaries; in the power of exchanging ideas and co-creation; in a global community based not on geography, race or economic background, but on a shared desire to explore uncharted places, explore new horizons and experience the unknown. We believe in the power of community and of collaboration: together, we can shape the future of travel and enable curious minds to get out there and change the world.
Based on our vision we developed a work culture of collaboration, empowerment, innovation and diversity. We strive for long life learning, flexibility and a dynamic and pioneering spirit within our team. Working in a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues from all over the world we created a workplace where people can feel safe to be authentic and focus on bringing unique ideas together to fuel innovation and work sustainable.